Getting your eyebrows threaded for the first time is a big deal. Waxing? It's so last year. Threading, which originated in Asia uses two strands of cotton to nix hair at the follicle level so it doesn't grow back as fast. It's a great way to get your eyebrows cleaned up before a big event or even just a routine beauty visit without the invasiveness of waxing.
Here's what you should know before you thread:
- It hurts - Think of it as waxing many hairs at once.
- You need to go bare-faced - Don't use eye makeup day of.
- You will feel weird - You might sneeze or cry.
- Your eyebrow stylist might not ask about what style you need - Tell them at the beginning.
- Always say yes to aloe - The gel will soothe the redness.
- You will be able to fill in your brows easier after they're threaded - Thing of the threading as a way to figure out your best shape going forward.