Losing weight is tough, but losing that last bit of belly fat? Nearly impossible. Sometimes no matter how clean you eat and how dirty you train, you just can't shed the final flab. So, here's what you should consider if you just can't lose the final weight.
- You are so stressed - "Stress related adrenal hormones increase your body's susceptibility to storing any extra calories around your belly," says Dr. Georgie Fear.
- You only do ab exercises and nothing else - FYI, spot training does not work. Dr. Albert Matheny says while it's great to build muscle, it won't shred fat on top of the muscle to reveal it.
- You eat lots of processed foods - According to BMJ Journal, 90% of the average Americans' intake of added sugar is from processed, high sugar foods.
- Maybe it's not fat - It could just be bloat. In this case, it might make sense to eat high-fiber foods that can help you digest properly.
- You don't intake enough protein - In one study of 90 women, those who ate more fiber lost more weight and cut more belly fat!
Source: Women’s Health