Pumpkins are a Halloween staple, but there's more to these gourds than just something to carve up as a Jack-O-Lantern. Here are five reasons you should eat more pumpkin:
- Pumpkins are packed with fiber, which aids in digestion.
- Pumpkins are full of minerals, including magnesium, zinc, iron and potassium, which helps prevent your muscles from cramping after working out.
- Pumpkins make you smile. Pumpkins contain tryptophan, which helps your body produce serotonin, a natural mood-booster.
- Pumpkin seeds are nutritional powerhouses. Pumpkin seeds help lower your bad cholesterol.
- Pumpkins have anti-inflammatory properties, which means they reduce your risk of disease and cancer.